Hi, I'm Dorina
I run my business to pay my grandchildren's school fees and meet my basic needs. With your help, I'm excited to receive business training, and I want to hire eight members of my community to assist in stove production.
Dorina has been running her stove business since 2007. Although she was never able to attend school herself, she works in order to pay school fees for her children and grandchildren. With her income, she was also able to buy a house for herself! She now lives near her shared workshop, and she's excited to expand her business in the near future.
Why she was selected for the program: Dorina produces quality, fuel-efficient cookstoves that improve the health of her community. They minimize the amount of smoke produced while cooking, which means her customers will no longer have to breathe toxic fumes while they prepare food. With your support, Dorina can expand her business to continue improving the health of her customers.
Her business goal: Dorina hopes to increase her income to $1,945 per month. She also wants to hire 8 members of her community as permanent employees to assist in stove production.
Profession: Stove entrepreneur
Educational attainment: None
Bank Account: No
Hometown: Kisumu, Kenya
Implementing Local Partner: Energy4Impact
(click to enlarge)
How your sponsorship can help:
Mentors travel to her site to provide hands-on support and personalized coaching.
she will learn:
- How to improve quality and manufacturing
- How to talk to customers and sell stoves in local markets
- Financial management: how to save, open a bank account and price her products
- Increase production by selling an additional 200 cookstoves to her community
- Her own bank account and access to capital if she would like to get a loan
- She will hire one additional person to help her meet demand
- Gain confidence and drastically increase her income
Where your funds go each month:
At the end of her training, we will send you a specific report how your generosity has transformed her life.
How her life has changed
How her business has grown
How the community has benefitted
Be empowering. Create dignity. See your impact.
"Aid helps today. But a job transforms tomorrow."