Hi, I'm Gladis
With your support, I'll be able to access a loan, expand my business, and increase my income to help send my grandchildren to college.
Help Gladis become a thriving stove entrepreneur in her community.
100% of your gift is tax deductible
Gladis is a mother, a grandmother, and a capable entrepreneur. Her business provides not only for her own personal needs, but also for those of her family. "I have grandchildren, and I want to be able to pay for their fees at a higher learning institution."
Why she was selected for the program: Gladis's business has great potential to grow once she receives training in marketing, record keeping, and finance. With training and access to capital, she'll be able to grow her business more than ever before.
Her business goal: Gladis hopes to increase her income to $580 per month. In order to do so, she's looking to borrow money to purchase raw materials within the next six months. If she's sponsored, she'll be able to acquire the loan and better provide for her family.
Profession: Stove entrepreneur
Educational attainment: Primary
Bank Account: No
Hometown: Mumias, Kenya
Implementing Local Partner: Energy4Impact
(click to enlarge)
How your sponsorship can help:
Mentors travel to her site to provide hands-on support and personalized coaching.
she will learn:
- How to improve quality and manufacturing
- How to talk to customers and sell stoves in local markets
- Financial management: how to save, open a bank account and price her products
- Increase production by selling an additional 200 cookstoves to her community
- Her own bank account and access to capital if she would like to get a loan
- She will hire one additional person to help her meet demand
- Gain confidence and drastically increase her income
Where your funds go each month:
At the end of her training, we will send you a specific report how your generosity has transformed her life.
How her life has changed
How her business has grown
How the community has benefitted
Be empowering. Create dignity. See your impact.
"Aid helps today. But a job transforms tomorrow."