Hi, I'm Jamillah
With your support, I'll be able to receive training on how to run my business well. I'll increase my income and be able to send my two children to school.
Help Jamillah become a thriving stove entrepreneur in her community.
100% of your gift is tax deductible
Raising two children while running a business is a challenge, but Jamillah has been doing just that since she began selling stoves in 2002. Now, her two children are ages nine and fourteen, and she hopes to earn enough from her business to pay for their school fees.
Why she was selected for the program: Jamillah is a wonderful example of the entrepreneurial spirit, and she's run her business with determination for years. Now, she has the opportunity to increase her sales significantly by receiving training in marketing, finance, and product assembly.
Her business goal: Jamillah's business is well-positioned to grow, but she needs access to a loan in order to purchase more raw materials. Within the next six months, she hopes to access the loan, grow her business, and successfully pay for her children to go to school.
Profession: Stove entrepreneur
Educational attainment: Primary
Bank Account: No
Hometown: Mumias, Kenya
Implementing Local Partner: Energy4Impact
(click to enlarge)
How your sponsorship can help:
Mentors travel to her site to provide hands-on support and personalized coaching.
she will learn:
- How to improve quality and manufacturing
- How to talk to customers and sell stoves in local markets
- Financial management: how to save, open a bank account and price her products
- Increase production by selling an additional 200 cookstoves to her community
- Her own bank account and access to capital if she would like to get a loan
- She will hire one additional person to help her meet demand
- Gain confidence and drastically increase her income
Where your funds go each month:
At the end of her training, we will send you a specific report how your generosity has transformed her life.
How her life has changed
How her business has grown
How the community has benefitted
Be empowering. Create dignity. See your impact.
"Aid helps today. But a job transforms tomorrow."