We're Hiring A Content Creator
POSSIBLY THE COOLEST SOCIAL MEDIA + CONTENT JOB EVER...
*Please note this opening is now closed.
Most social media and content assistants are word wizards who can connect and engage with people through social media yet make everyone feel like they’re besties, sitting right next to each other on a cozy couch. You make it look easy and effortless in your writing style, but there’s a lot of care that goes into it.
You pride yourself on being able to tap into someone else’s “voice” and write what you know needs to be said.
At The Adventure Project, our Content Creator will have the awesome responsibility of engaging, educating and inspiring others to join us in fighting for a better world.
YOU’LL KNOW THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF…
- There’s no greater feeling of accomplishment than knowing a post or email your wrote made people FEEL something and drove action;
- You value good design and beautiful images.;
- You’re constantly on social media for fun and can’t believe you get paid to play;
- You sometimes write things on your to-do list after you’ve done them just so you can check them off;
- And having content designed and planned a month in advance makes you giddy on the inside;
- And most importantly, you want to be part of ending extreme poverty in our lifetime.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN OUR ALL-STAR...
This is the perfect fit for someone who loves to strategize and develop social media and content marketing campaigns that are cohesive, increase brand awareness, engage authentically with our community, and drive traffic to our website through social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
*Important: This position is more than just curating and posting social media content. We’re looking for someone to cultivate positive relationships with our community, be an innovative and strategic thinker for big marketing campaigns, be at the forefront of social media marketing trends and dive into the metrics to use as a tool for pivoting and improving our campaigns!
LET’S GET THE BAD STUFF OUT OF THE WAY FIRST:
- The hours are weird. At first, we may have 10 hours a week, and then as you start to get more familiar with our business and seasonality, it might grow to 25/week or even full-time, if desired. It really all depends on how our social media grows.
NOW, LET’S TALK ABOUT THE GOOD STUFF…
1. Our office is virtual, thanks to COVID. But that means you can live wherever you want and pants are optional.
2. The work is life-changing. Literally.
3. The hours are super flexible. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you. One long day a week best for you? No problem. Rather work mid-morning until mid-afternoon? Cool, we can do that too. But our preference is that you’re within 3+/- hours of Eastern Time zone so that we can overlap and connect when needed from time to time.
4. You’ll experience things, do things and make decisions on things that no big stuffy organization would ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the work that you do and help guide the direction of the content strategy of our nonprofit.
5. You’ll have a ton of autonomy and the opportunity to bring your ideas to the table.
6. You’ll work with a team. You will be working directly for our co-founder, Becky, and our Digital Marketing Team, Hot Sauce Digital. In a nutshell, you will be responsible for the design and copy, while the Hot Sauce Digital team will be responsible for optimizing it across our channels.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR RELATED TO SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Manage, create and publish original, high quality content on all our platforms (Facebook, Instagram, website & blog content).
- Design creative, eye-catching graphics for social media posts (i.e. design IG stories, etc.).
- Hone and develop The Adventure Project’s “voice” and tone. We think it should be fun, engaging and authentic.
- Manage our photo and video assets in our library.
- Help with designing our email blasts, ensuring consistent brand and voice. Expect to design 2-4 per month.
- Monitor the daily cultural pulse of TAP, through community management, including DMs and mentions on all social media channels.
- Stay up-to-date with Instagram and Facebook Group best practices, trends and features.
- Develop and implement social media strategies for campaign launches, end of year giving and new partnerships.
- Work with our Digital Marketing Team to develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to increase our web traffic, build brand awareness and achieve marketing KPIs.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR RELATED TO TAP CONTENT:
- Develop ideas for new content.
- Design feature images for content as needed.
- Present weekly reports on content metrics (web traffic, leads, bounce rate, click through rates, sales etc.) and provide strategic insight on improving content metrics.
- Pull together a cohesive brand style guide for use across the business.
HERE'S THE JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. You’re fired up about our mission to end extreme poverty by empowering entrepreneurs to provide life-saving services to their communities. We believe that the world's greatest problems require entrepreneurial solutions. By letting these entrepreneurs be the heroes of their own stories, we build sustainable solutions. When we empower entrepreneurs, they have the power to truly change the world.
2. You have experience in content creation, community engagement and email marketing. The majority of your time will be spent creating fun and valuable content either for social media, our email community or our website. You need to be able to think strategically about the bigger picture of our community and how the right content will fit in, as well as being an engaging writer and communicator.
3. You’re the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. While you consider yourself a “creative,” every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff. You love lists and checking things off diligently, and maybe you’re even one of those people who writes things onto the list just so you can check it off. That’s great, we love people like you!
4. You write engaging copy and understand the online marketing world. An understanding of copywriting, online marketing and business, social media, email and navigating the web will be critical.
5. You’re creative and at least slightly tech savvy. An understanding of tools like photoshop, video and audio editors, MailChimp, Facebook Insights, Ads Manager and Google Suite is preferred.
6. You’re good with people. Part of this role will be emailing and messaging with our supporters and the team. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting direction, and be able to do it with love and empathy, even if you’re having a bad day. You also know how to tactfully talk about tough topics. You consider yourself anti-racist. You want to be part of the conversation of pushing our world towards equality and justice.
7. You love nailing down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done so they are, so-so. We need you to have an eye for the bigger picture and how things fit together with our messaging, content and promotions and be able to nail the details that match -- and get them done right. You’re one of those people who ensures the kerning looks great (and you know what kerning is!).
8. You think strategically and bring ideas to the table of opportunities that we haven’t yet seen or taken advantage of to drive the business forward. You then need to be able to map out, and execute those ideas alongside the team.
9. You love taking the lead on your own projects. You love having full ownership over the creation, execution and results of your own projects. You’re constantly seeking to improve these projects asking yourself things, like What’s working? What’s not working? How can I improve this? How can I make this better? Did I see the results I was hoping for? What are other people doing in the industry? etc. to achieve amazing outcomes.
10. You have an eye for design and creating aesthetically pleasing marketing materials for social media. You're great at creating engaging and eye-catching graphics for social media. But you also know sometimes less-is-more. There’s no need to over-design things, especially when you have a great photo and copy.
11. You love numbers and tracking things and need to know how things are working or performing in the business. You need to be excited (or at least not afraid) to dig into a Google spreadsheet. You don’t need to have been a math major in college, but it should keep you up at night if we don’t have a grasp on the metrics and how things are impacting the growth of the organization.
YOU’LL BE MEGA SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU’RE A HUMAN WHO…
- Is resourceful.
- Has a passion for creative ideas, social media and content strategy.
- Can handle stress and tight deadlines on occasion.
- Works very well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and our community.
- Has great attention to detail and brand quality.
- Is a high-functioning communicator.
- Takes ownership and pride in their work.
- Is not afraid of new challenges.
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly.
- Adapts really well to changes on-the-go.
- Is technologically savvy.
- Can handle change well (sometimes, we gotta pivot).
- Can juggle lots of moving pieces.
- Bonus, if you have previous experience creating effective social media marketing campaigns for nonprofits.
But what we don’t expect is perfection for you to qualify for this job. We expect a passion and skill for writing engaging content, energy, organization, resourcefulness and a get-it-done attitude.
To learn more about The Adventure Project by clicking here: www.TheAdventureProject.org
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. We are an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity, and strongly encourage people who identify as BIPOC to apply.
First, fill out the application. https://forms.gle/1XcuYPHyiUaaQC9d7
Then, create a cover letter or video answering the following:
Tell us how you will fit in THIS job specifically. We know what’s a fit for us and want to know if this is a fit for YOU. SELL US on why we would be lucky to have you on the team.
After you submit your application, THEN email your video or cover letter to email@example.com
We can’t wait to meet you!